RIMS use Industrial Revolution 4.0 technologies to make maintenance operations safer, cheaper and more efficient, moving away from traditional time consuming maintenance strategies.
With more than 25 years’ experience of maintenance and asset management, RIMS supply revolutionary Drone based solutions for the inspection of enclosed spaces in both on and offshore environments including:
- Void spaces • Ballast & potable water tanks
- Duct keels • Cargo & storage tanks
The inspections include recording the conditions of the actual construction, piping and coatings and other appendages for evidence of dents, cracks or corrosion.
RIMS are able to provide a full inspection service following the guidelines of Article 42 of The International Association of Classification Societies (IACS).
This means revolutionary drone inspection technologies are legally allowed and available to everyone. Even without any experience.
All inspection activity is recorded and included with a survey report which RIMS will work together with the client to analyze the data and identify immediate required actions or recommendations for future maintenance activities.
In addition to enclosed spaces, RIMS drone services can be used to increase the efficiency of other inspection requirements including:
- Pre-inspection of bilge/ballast installations for retrofit solutions
- Pre-inspection of funnels to validate space for SCR installation
- Post discharge survey to identify any remaining goods in the holds
of bulk carriers
- Energy inspection (E.g. boilers, solar panels, windmills)
- Mine inspections, including search & rescue activities
In the near future the Drone will operate autonomous where the ship owner or ship technical managers will use the drone from his office where the drone has been programmed to operate according to the vessels tank drawings.
In the near future we will also be able to execute steel thickness measurements done by the Drone.